In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Fit & Able is proud to announce the Cary Greenways Tour to mark the 41st Anniversary of Cary's Greenway system!
Cary is the best place to live and one reason is that Cary has more than 30 parks and natural areas, more than 90 miles (and growing!) of greenways, seven special use facilities, four world-class sports venues, and nine staffed all-ages program facilities. If you want an active, healthy place to live for your family, Cary is the place for you!
Fit & Able is partnering with the Town of Cary to provide an annual Tour of the Cary Greenways, including a marathon, half-marathon, 10K, 5K, and Kids Dash. Just like Cary Parks & Rec. this event has something for everyone! And, each year the course will change to highlight new greenways and parks as well as new connections to other towns' greenway systems.
Choose your challenge! Run the trails you love but get timed! This race is capped so sign up soon! Young children in 5K and greater distances must run with a registered adult.
Play It Forward: We will be accepting donations to support the Town of Cary Parks & Recreation Scholarship Program for Youth Sports and 100% of the Kids Dash fee will go to support this program too.
It is in keeping with the Town of Cary’s philosophy to ensure that all citizens receive equal opportunity to participate in recreation. The Town provides the opportunity for Cary residents to apply for scholarships and/or reduction of fees for Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources’ programs. There are many needs in our community that have been met because of the support of this program. Your tax deductible donations of any amount are welcome anytime.
The Cary Greenways Tour is part of Fit & Able's Free-for-All Race Series.
* * * Due to the constantly evolving situation due to Covid-19 any specific changes to event operations for protecting participant health and safety in compliance with the most up-to-date recommendations and requirements will be posted no later than 2 weeks prior to the race and emailed to all registered participants. A virtual component is available for all races for those runners who aren’t comfortable racing in person yet but still want to participate in the event. * * *
* Start times subject to change due to weather or safety
* Final pre-race packet pickup and race day information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants and volunteers the week prior to the race.
Race Location: Old Reedy Creek Road Trailhead (2139 Old Reedy Creek Rd., Cary, NC 27513).
Course Information: The out-and-back course is on the Town of Cary's paved and natural greenways: conditions depend on the weather prior to the event. The start and finish are at the Old Reedy Creek Road Trailhead. The marathon has 2 loops of the course. Restrooms are available there. The course is NOT USATF certified. GPS tracking apps are not suitable for measuring course distances accurately. Runners are advised to to follow all crossing lights and be aware of unmarked intersections.
Parking: There is limited parking at the Old Reedy Creek Road Trail Head. We recommend car pooling if you are able. There is street parking on Winstead Drive near Weston Pkwy as well as on the road just past the Trail Head & Hwy 40 overpass. Please be aware of and adhere to “NO PARKING” signs.
Race Start: The race is an open start on to the course to reduce participant impact on the greenways. You will cross a timing pad as you start and when you finish.
Events: Everyone is welcome to participate! All participants will have chip-timed results that will be posted online. All Fit & Able Productions, Inc. events are inclusion events: anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
* No dogs or bikes permitted in the race.
* We strongly discourage participants wearing headphones of any sort while racing for their own safety and so they can properly hear instructions on the course.
* Kids in strollers must be registered and be with a parent registered in either the 5K, 10K, Half, Marathon, or Mile. Kids in strollers must be numbered, properly buckled into the stroller, and we strongly encourage them to wear a helmet.
* If you or one of your party have a physical or developmental need that may require special accommodation please contact us at least one month prior to the event to discuss reasonable accommodations that may be available.
Course Aid: An athletic trainer will be available at a medical tent located near the finish line. There will be a water station on the course and near the finish line. Water fountains are located at the Old Reedy Creek Road Trailhead shelter and on the course. There will be three water stations on the course: at the 5K, 10K, Half, and Full turn around as well as other key locations. Water is also available at the registration and refreshment area. The water stations are marked on the map.
Packet Pick-up: All participants must show a photo ID or be with a guardian with a photo ID in order to pick up their race packets and can only pick up their own race packet. Early packet pickup details will be announced the week prior to the race.
Race Souvenirs: Cary Greenways Tour shirt included with Full, Half, 10K, and 5K registration and finisher gift guaranteed if registered by September 10th. First come first serve while supplies last after that date. Kids Dash participants can purchase shirt and medal separately for $15. Shirts are also available separately for $15.
Awards: Awards are provided by Omega Sports. Must be present to receive awards; no awards will be mailed out or left at Omega Sports. Save your Cary Greenways Tour bib number to get 20% off in store at Omega Sports!
Online registration closes on October 2nd at 9 PM. Cash, checks, and credit card are accepted at packet pick-up and race day.
The Cary Greenways Tour and all its participants are subject to these event policies.
Information from this master site is often shared to or scraped by other online sources that aren't updated when changes are made here. This site on RunSignUp is the only official and updated source for information regarding this event. Everyone who registers for this event will be automatically subscribed to Fit & Able's email distribution list and may unsubscribe at any time.
Fit & Able Productions is a nonprofit organization that has been supporting community and family fitness in Cary since 1997 through organizing creative events and training programs. Proceeds from our events that aren't designated to support other organizations go to support the event and other Fit & Able nonprofit activities.
Sign up and get over $150 in swag and race coupons! Yes, really!
1. First, sign up for the 5K or greater distance!
2. Once your registration is complete, you will receive a unique referral link in your confirmation email to share with your friends and family or post on social media. Get more info on Referral Refunds here.
3. Get 5 friends to sign up using your unique referral link and you will automatically receive a $15 refund. Boom!
4. Get 10 more friends (15 total) to join you and get up to another $15 of your registration fee back.
5. Get another 20 friends (30 total) to sign up and we will send you a FREE "Certified Fit & Able" t-shirt.
6. But if you can get 50 friends or family all in to race with you, then we will give you $100 CASH (or an equivalent credit towards Fit & Able races)!
PLUS, if your friends and family sign up through your referral link within 72 hours they will get a $5 discount automatically applied at checkout!
You can also earn prizes when you create a Charity Race Team or Fundraising Team (we recommend both!).
1. First, create a Charity Race Team and Fundraising Team while you're signing up for any distance!
2. Invite your friends and family to sign up and join your Race and Fundraising Teams. (Pssst... they can use your unique referral link when they do this so you get the credit towards the referral swag!) Get more info on Fundraising Pages here.
3. The Race Team that gets the most members (but at least 25) will win a 25% coupon for the Fit & Able race of their choice for EACH race team member that finished or submitted virtual results.
4. The Fundraising Team that raises the most (but at least $500) will also win a 25% coupon for EACH fundraising team member that raised at least $10! Fundraising Team members DO NOT need to participate in the race to join a team.
ALSO, you can get up to $25 of your registration fee back when you choose to become a fundraiser for any participating charity while signing up and requesting a refund if you raise at least $250 (must check the box during signup!).
* Only registrations for 5K and greater races are eligible for referral refunds and other awards; awards stack but cannot refund more than original amount paid. $5 of each registration is non-refundable. Message Info@fitandable.net if you have questions.
Live Phone Tracking, GPS Progress Alerts and Cheers!
We are providing you with RaceJoy as part of the official race experience for the Cary Greenways Tour.
Download the RaceJoy mobile app in advance to ensure proper phone setup. Invite your friends and family to track you and send you cheers!
Some key RaceJoy features include:
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.